Natural treatment of depression
DEPRESSION SYMPTOMS AND NATURAL TREATMENT
Characteristics of depression
Depression is a condition characterized by a sad or miserable mood state. It shows a great intensity for a considerable period of time without apparent justification.
It is a very common disease that affects about 3 to 4% of the population, being more common among women. It usually begins after age 40.
Symptoms of depression
The main symptoms of depression are:
- Psychological symptoms of depression: They are those affecting areas related to affective disorders (sadness, anxiety, desire to mourn, low self-esteem, disappointment); behavioral disorders (lack of interest in life, loss of appetite, social isolation) and thought disorders (persistent negative and obsessive thoughts, guilty feeling, inability to concentrate, pessimism, thoughts of suicide or self-mutilation, loss of memory, etc.).
- Physical symptoms of depression: It refers to those symptoms that have a psychosomatic origin, meaning that, although they have a physical symptomatology, they are resulting from emotional causes. Among them we could mention the following: indeterminate and transient pain, stomachache, heartburn, headaches, speech problems, diarrhea, dizziness, erectile problems and lack of sexual appetite, shortness of breath, palpitations, hypertension, etc.
All these symptoms may be constant, keeping themselves similar one day after another (unipolar depression) or cyclic, with alternating periods of euphoria with others that would emphasize the depressive symptoms we have previously seen (bipolar depression).
Causes of depression
The main causes of depression are:
- Physical causes of depression (Endogenous depression): They are those produced by some organic disorders related to the nervous system, which reduce the communication skills of neurotransmitters., like multiple sclerosis.
- Environmental causes of depression (reactive depression): They are those produced by some external cause-related with adverse personal trauma (loss of a relative, negative experience, job loss, relationship problems, disappointment in love, etc)
- Chemical cause of depression: The ingestion of certain chemicals or drugs may increase the risk of depression
Diagnosis and treatment of depression
The treatment of profound depression in its early stages requires a multifaceted approach in which the patient needs attention from different doctors or medical specialists.
For a deep and medium depression drug treatment becomes necessary, especially until getting the recovery. Psychotherapeutic treatment during this time is very useful.
Once the depression is overcome
Once the crisis is overcome, the affected patient will need to adopt a change of mentality in which the patient seeks a closer relationship with those around him in order that they may help him/ her not to fall depressed again.
During this time it is very interesting to change the habits of life, trying to find a "more natural" way of life.
The substitution a diet based on animal food by another vegetable diet, rich in minerals and vitamins, can be very useful. All the same, it is very important to perform outdoor activities in contact with nature. The adoption of a social hobby or some entertainment to fill the patient's void of mind, The contact with the sun, can help overcome the disease and prevent future relapse.
Natural treatment of depression
The natural treatment of depression involves using a series of natural resources that can help prevent it or relieve its symptoms. It can be considered a natural alternative to antidepressant drugs.
More information about depresion and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.