Natural treatment of Meniere's disease
MENIERE'S DISEASE NATURAL TREATMENT
Characteristics of Meniere's disease
Meniere's disease is characterized by impaired balance and hearing, caused by increased fluid (endolymph) or inflammation in the labyrinth.
It's a kind of disease that can appear suddenly and then, after several hours, can disappear and not be present for a very long time. Sometimes it may occur daily.
When Meniere's disease attacks are very strong, affected people need to maintain bed rest. Over time, a deterioration in hearing can usually take place, generally affecting one ear, but it can repercuss both of them. It is also a cause for tinnitus.
Symptoms of Meniere's disease
The main possible symptoms of Meniere's disease are:
Causes of Meniere's disease
It is not known exactly what are the real causes of this disorder, although it is suspected that the following factors may cause or worsen it:
- Viral or bacterial reasons:. Inflammation produced in the ear region can alter the volume of endolymph. This fluid is moved, sending the motion information to the brain through the nerve receptors. A change in volume of the liquid makes these to send a false report which produces the above symptoms.
- Excessive Noise: Excessive noise can be another cause of this anomaly.
- Poor circulation: Poor circulation in the area can aggravate or trigger an attack.
- Drug use: The consumption of toxic products, such as alcohol or tobacco, can worsen it by stimulating the nervous system.
- Stress: Stress is not a direct cause of, but it can make it worse.
- Too much mental or visual effort: A mental overwork or a too long period of visual concentration can also be another reason that triggers or aggravates Meniere's disease.
- Some body diseases: Obesity, cholesterol and hypertension are associated with it. Although these diseases are not directly responsible for Meniere's disease, they can worsen it or favor its recurrence. It has been said that herpes virus could also affect the inner ear, causing this anomaly.
Diagnoses and treatment of Meniere's disease
In you are experiencing some of the above symptoms, you are recommended to visit your doctor who can diagnose what are their real causes. There are some other diseases that can offer similar symptoms, so, your doctor will provide you with some tests in order to discard them.
There is no definitive cure for Meniere's disease, so treatment is aimed at alleviating the symptoms it produces. Sometimes it requires surgery.
How to deal with Meniere's disease
Among the main tips to make the disease more bearable, we could mention the following:
- Reduce stress: A reduction of the stress levels can diminish the number of attacks and their intensity.
- Protect the ears against loud noise: The use of soft earplugs or ear muffs can prevent some cases of Meniere's' disease. It is essential to wear protective plugs in certain professions to avoid excessive prolonged exposure to noise. For example, this is the case of people working on a construction site who are continuously exposed to jackhammers, carpenters to buzz saws, workers in airports to airplanes, gardeners to lawn mowers or farmers to tractors.
If you are working in an extremely noisy place, you should take a rest now and again. Leave it for a while for a few minutes in order your ears can take a rest.
Try listening to radios, television, cassettes, etc. with a moderate voice intensity. This is especially needed in small areas such as when listening to music in a car.
Do the same with your portable music player (Mp3, iPod or similar). Turn down the volume of your headphones. They can damage your ears seriously.
Music in discos or music bars is generally to loud. Try to protect your ears if you happen to go to these places. Do not remain there for too long without giving your ears a rest. Go out to a more silent place from time to time.
- Take some form of alternative therapy: It has been established that the the adoption of some alternative treatments improves the condition of patients. Among these we mention:
- Phytotherapy: Some herbal remedies can diminish its symptoms (More information about " Meniere's disease remedies" in the listing above)
The natural treatment of Meniere's disease involves using a series of natural resources that can improve its symptoms.
More information about Meniere's disease and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.