FOOD FOR ACNE
The main signs of acne - pimples, blackheads, pustules etc - can be avoided or remedied through adequate food.
Adequate food for acne
Among the foods suitable for the treatment of acne we can consider the following:
- Foods rich in vitamin C: For its antioxidant properties, foods rich in vitamin C help protect skin cells from free radical attacks while protecting them from possible infection. The main foods rich in this vitamin are peppers, citrus fruits (oranges, lemons, grapefruit, etc.)., Cauliflower, radishes, brussels sprouts, spinach, bananas, apples, melons, watermelons , carrots, pineapples, pears, papayas, barley, garlic, blackberries, peas, strawberries, grapes, celery, figs, beans, chicory cranberries, potatoes, avocados, soybeans, custard apples, mangoes, pomegranates, coconuts, etc.
- Foods rich in vitamin A: Vitamin A helps keep skin in good condition and can be useful in treating diseases that affect it: eczema, acne, psoriasis, dry skin, herpes, cuts, wounds, burns, etc. A deficiency of this vitamin results in the individual a dry, scaly skin or bad teeth. Plants that contain provitamine A ( carotenoids) which is converted into vitamin A are specially dark green, orange, red or yellow food plants , such carrots, purslane, spinachs, watercress and borage . Other plants that contain it are, for example, basil, squash, tomatoes, coriander, asparagus, dandelion, peppers, watermelon, melon, Brussels sprouts, bananas, apples, plums, oranges, raspberries, mangos, beans, etc.
- Vitamin E: Helps healing skin problems. Plants that have this vitamin are vegetable fats: The wheat germ oil
(22.1 mg per 100 g), sunflower seeds (14, 8 mg per ounce), (hazelnuts
(6.7 mg per ounce), sunflower oil (6.3 mg per ounce), toasted almonds
(6.7 mg per ounce), soy lecithin (9.21 mg per 100 g) olive oil (1 , 67
mg per teaspoon). Other plant sources have lesser amounts, such as
apples (1.6 mg per apple) or asparagus (0.4 mg per two stems). Mango and avocado also have smaller amounts. Many other vegetables have
vitamin E but in such small amounts that are not worth naming.
- Sulfur-rich foods: These foods help to improve skin condition. Sulfur-rich foods are garlic and onions.
- Foods rich in zinc: Zinc is a mineral that helps keep skin in good condition by reducing bacteria and keeping the sebaceous glands in good conditions. Shellfish are a good source of this mineral, especially oysters. In addition to these we must mention liver or eggs. The problem is that these foods are all rich in cholesterol, so if you prefer to use plant foods, we have to resort to the celery, asparagus, borage, figs,, potatoes, chayote, and eggplant , for example.
- Foods rich in essential oils: sesame seeds, linseed and pumpkin are rich in essential fatty acids involved in the healing of skin diseases. Avocados are rich in these elements.
Harmful food for acne
- Foods rich in iodine: This mineral can be harmful to acne symptoms. Foods high in iodine are seaweeds, iodized salt, nuts, cheese or milk.
- Is chocolate good or bad for acne? : It has not been proved , as is sometimes asserted, that eating greasy foods such as animal meat , chocolate, or baked goods may cause or worsen this condition. However, some people say that they develop more acne symptoms when they eat this type of food.
- Whole grains and acne? These foods are rich in chromium which is very positive in the treatment of acne, however, many people have allergy problems, so these foods are not good for them. If you do not have gluten allergy, these foods are ideal.
More information about acne and its natural treatment in the listing above.
The information given is informative. In case of doubt, consult the doctor. "Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication