Effects: Excitant and tonic.
Side effects of caffeine:
Doses above 400 mg daily can be harmful. Keep in mind that many drinks and drugs contain this principle. Therefore, we must add all of them to calculate the total intake of caffeine. A too high intake of this component can cause physical problems, such as:
- Digestive problems with heartburn, stomach ache , irritable bowel, flatulence, diarrhea or constipation, etc..
- Tachycardia or irregular heart rate
- Ringing in the ears.
- Muscle spasms.
Coffee is a stimulant beberage which may be addictive , so we must be prudent in their use. A moderate use is beneficial for its antioxidant properties as well as people who need "speed up their metabolism" (people with hypotension, people who need to " burn more fat" ) so sometimes is recommended in diets for losing weight, .
However, we should moderate their consumption in general and it should be avoided in people for whom caffeine ingestion can be harmful:
Who should not eat products containing caffeine?
The ingestion of caffeine may be counterproductive in many diseases, so , if you are suffering from some disease, you should consult with your doctor whether to take caffeine. People who have the following problems should not take caffeine :
- People with ulcer
- People with hypertension
- People who suffer from arrhythmias
- People who have had a heart attack recently.
- People who have trouble sleeping.
- People with restless legs syndrome.
- People anxious, or stressed
- People with dementia.
- Women with premenstrual syndrome.
- People with liver problems.
- People with gastric reflux.
- People prone to flatulence.
- People with stomach ache.
- People with diverticulitis.
- People with diverticulosis.
- People with osteoporosis.
- People with bulimia.
- People with glaucoma.
- People with urinary incontinence.
More information about " Properties of caffeine"