Home remedies for burns
REMEDIES FOR BURNS
How to heal burns
It is very important to take into account that very serious burns require hospital care. Serious burns should receive medical care, too. (See types of burns)
The natural treatment for burns is intended to use natural remedies for first degree burns or minor second degree burns.
PHYTOTHERAPY: Herbal remedies for burns
Phytotherapy in the treatment of burns is based on using a number of medicinal plants whose primary objective is:
Medicinal plants for burns
Among all the suitable plants we can distinguish the following:
- Aloe (Aloe vera) It is one of the most important natural remedies for treating burns. Aloe relieves pain, reduces inflammation and redness and prevents infection (Apply aloe gel on the burn. This gel can be purchased at health food stores or pharmacies or, more easily, can be obtained by cutting a leaf and squeezing it with the non-cutting edge of a knife on a flat surface. You can also peel the leaf and rub it gently on the burn)
- St. John's wort (Hypericum perforatum) It is a natural antibiotic and a healing skin remedy. (Friction with hypericum oil) (Wash the burn with hypericum tincture available in pharmacies or herbalists)
- Vervain (Verbena officinalis) (Infusion of a half tablespoon of dried plant, wash the affected area).
- Goldenrod (Solidago virgaurea) Because of tannis, this plant is used to clean wounds and improve healing. (Compresses. 50-100g decoction of dried plant per liter of water, cool, strain, and apply to the afected part)
- Agrimony (Agrimonia eupatoria) Agrimony is an excellent vulnerary for healing wounds, scratches, cuts, punctures, minor burns, and so on. (Crush some fresh leaves and apply them as a compress on the wound)
- Marshmallow (Althaea officinalis) Demulcent properties of marshmallow are granted by its wealth of mucilage, pectin and sucrose. These sugary components, especially the mucilage, in contact with water, forms a kind of protective paste, like a gel that cures or prevent inflammation and relieves pain. (Boil a handful of roots in water for 10 to 12 minutes. Moisten with liquid and put a gauze over the burn)
SUPPLEMENTS FOR BURNS
Traditional home remedies to heal burns
Other home remedies that have been used for treatment of minor burns are:
More information about burns and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.