( Herbal remedies to treat crabs)
Among the main herbs we can use to get rid crab lice, or diminish crabs itching, we can distinguish the following:
- Aloe (Aloe vera) Aloe possesses antiseptic , germicide, anti inflammatory, moisturizing and regenerative properties. Applied on the skin, it turns out to be one of the best remedies against bites of insects (Use aloe juice to rub the affected bitten parts )
- Pennyroyal ( Mentha pulegiuum) (Wash the affected part with the decoction of 30 g of dried plant per liter of water) ( See toxicity of pennyroyal)
- Mint ( Mentha spp. ) Mints can be used to diminish lice itching and avoid lice approaching. (scrub of the young plant above the skin to ward off fleas.)
- Peppermint (Mentha x piperita) (Clean the affected zone with the liquid from the infusion of the dried plant.)
- Parsley (Petroselinum hortense) (Decoction of the dried plant. Wash the affected parts to keep off flies and crabs.)
- Witch hazel (Hamamelis virginiana) (Apply hazel water on the bites)
- Anise (Pimpinella anisum ) (Mix equal parts of anise oil and alcohol. Rub the affected part to ward off lice or crabs.)
Natural repellent for crab lice
To prevent or repel the attack of skin parasites, especially fleas, flies, lice and mosquitoes, we can use pennyroyal ( Mentha pulegium) . If a branch of this plant is scrubbed on the legs or other body part, these parasites will go away or will not dare to approach.
Another good way is to make a decoction of a couple of tablespoons of its dry leaves, place the liquid in a spray bottle and spray the affected area . In this way we will get a good natural repellent.
Crab lice treatment natural product
The following formula can also be very useful to be used instead of commercial crab lice killers:
Natural crab lice killer
- 10 ml pennyroyal oil. ( See toxicity of pennyroyal)
- 10 ml of garlic oil.
- 20 ml of distilled water.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Apply it three times a day for thee consecutive days.
- Remove the eggs exhaustively with a lice comb
Note: In order to avoid possible contagion, people living with you should follow the same treatment. The same should be applied to your classmates.
This treatment should not be applied on children. One should try this preparation in a little zone of the skin to test skin reactions, before using it on more wide zones.
More information about crab lice and its natural treatment in the listing above.
The information given is informative. In case of doubt, consult the doctor. "Botanical" is not responsible for damages caused by self-medication