- White rice : It has always been used as a remedy to stop diarrhea. A good way to stop it is to prepare a dish of boiled white rice with a little olive oil. Rice pudding will also be very useful for the same purpose.
- White bread or refined pasta: The starchy content of white bread or white rice are ideal to stop diarrhea.
- Bananas: They are very digestible, They do not excite colon very much and they contain a high amount of potassium that can be recovered after the liquid was removed.
- Carrots: They are good intestinal regulators are also able to prevent constipation, such as while, for its richness in pectin, calm diarrhea. They are commonly used to remove diarrhea in infants. (Feeding bottles made with well mashed and and sieved carrots boiled for 90 minutes are recommended)
- Apples: Though it may seem contradictory, their high pectin content makes them a good regulator of the intestine, so that they are mild laxatives in cases of constipation, especially when eaten early in the morning. The absorbent value of the pectins are ideal in cases of colitis, diarrhea, gastroenteritis and in all cases where a too abundant and soft defecation appears.
- Pears: In case of diarrhea, their slightly astringent properties help overcome diarrhea, resulting in an excellent aid for the treatment of colitis.
- Currants: For their tannin content, especially blackcurrants, help stop diarrhea.
- Probiotic Yogurt: Intestine requires the presence of a number of beneficial bacteria that are able to neutralize the harmful bacteria that cause several types of diarrhea . Yogurt is a very rich food , in addition to providing lots of protein, calcium and carbohydrates,it is able to replenish the intestinal flora by assisting the growth of beneficial bacteria. It is particularly interesting probiotic yogurt, that's to say that containing the following microorganisms: Lactobacillus acidophilus and Lactobacillus bifidus.
- Fruit juices: The juice of most fruits and vegetables are particularly recommended for the dietary management of diarrhea. They are able to replenish the water loss and provide vitamins and minerals needed.
- White hawthorn fruits: Hawthorn fruits, because they contain much starch, catechins and zinc, have astringent properties making them useful for the treatment of diarrhea. (Take jam of hawthorn fruit)
We must not forget that the patient with diarrhea, in addition to eating these foods, should drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration.