Bad cholesterol diet
DIET TO REDUCE BAD CHOLESTEROL
DIET FOR LDL CHOLESTEROL
Treatment of High Cholesterol
This excess is often reflected in an increase of bad cholesterol levels and triglyceride levels.
* More information: Diet for triglycerides.
Low fat diet
The liver is the organ responsible for metabolizing the bad cholesterol from the blood to make cholesterol.
At the same time, all the fat you eat must be digested by the liver. If we make a low fat diet, the liver can work to eliminate bad cholesterol. People who experience low-fat eating for a week, will see how they lose a lot of volume.
Arteriosclerosis is the accumulation of cholesterol in the arteries, making blood flow more difficult.
Coconut milk, despite being of plant origin, is very rich in saturated fat and it is not recommended.
We must especially avoid custards, creams or desserts made with egg yolk. The cholesterol content is totally contraindicated. They can be substituted for natural fruit compote or baked fruit.
- Take non-fat dairy: You must remove fat from dairy products to reduce saturated fat intake in the diet. Dairy foods are important, so we must not forget them in our diet. Therefore, it is important not to remove them and choose those that are lower in fat. They help to improve cardiovascular health and prevent osteoporosis.
Non- fat dairy have less than a third of cholesterol than their whole version
Although it may seem tempting, chocolates are high in fat, refined sugar and low in nutrients. Replace them with red fruits such as currants, raspberries, strawberries or blueberries. Avoid heavy feeling in the stomach and get all the benefits of red fruit tonics.
- Reduce the oil intake: Oil is a major source of dietary triglycerides. You should take 30 - 50ml. of oil per day (equivalent to 3-5 tablespoons). People with high triglycerides should take lower amounts (30 - 40ml. Daily).
Thin people may take supplements of brewer's yeast to prevent weight loss, and always keep the intake of olive oil in the diet.
- Increase consumption of fruit and fiber: fiber acts as a brush in the gut, helping to capture cholesterol to remove bile through feces. Eating vegetables high in fiber purifies the liver, prevent gallbladder stones, they are nutritious and satiating power.
Fruits are rich in antioxidants, which protect against atherosclerosis.
- Whole food consumption is highly recommended. Besides the benefits of fiber, the person may experience greater satiety.
Also replacing the usual food for functional foods: egg with Omega 3, Omega 3 milk
Fresh fruit and vegetables are rich in fiber, minerals and vitamins that help lower cholesterol and fight constipation. Take fruits and vegetables daily.
Turmeric has medicinal properties for the liver, being digestive and anti-inflammatory
- Increase consumption of phytosterols: phytosterols help lower cholesterol intake. These substances are the cholesterol of plant, that's to say, a type of sterol (such as cholesterol), found in plants. These components are found in plant foods that contain fat, such as olive oil, avocado, acai or legumes.
Phytosterols reduce the absorption of dietary animal cholesterol and have health benefits.
Get rid of cholesterol raising factors
Other factors such as smoking habit, physical inactivity, alcohol and stress can contribute to have higher cholesterol. Check with your doctor to study the cause of your cholesterol.
* More information of Causes of high cholesterol in the listing above.
- Do not buy industrial products: You will be surprised about how you will reduce the consumption of these foods if you do not have them at home. Try to buy natural and minimally processed foods.
Precooked products such as pizzas, microwave products, frozen chips, frozen breaded meat, frozen cakes, chocolates, creams, etc. are rich in trans fats, which not only increase bad cholesterol, but they also lower good cholesterol. Avoid these products to improve your cardiovascular health.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.