Advantages and disadvantges of waxing
Benefits of waxing
The advantage of beeswax over the depilatory products is that the hair takes longer to get out. A good waxing can keep the skin without hair for up to a month and a half.
On the other hand, waxing removes hair from the follicle, so it increasingly weakens hair that appears less abundant and more feeble.
The skin also benefits, because razor epilation is much more irritating.
Disadvantages of waxing
The most obvious disadvantage is the pain that occurs when the hair is torn, especially the first few times. It is evident that the skin is becoming accustomed little by little, but it is always more painful than with the shaver.
A wax strip kit for wax stripping by veet
How is waxing done?
Waxing requires a technique that must be learned, to prevent injury to the skin or to some hair growing inward, with the consequent possibility of infection.
To learn this technique, you should resort to a beauty and hair removal center where a specialist will do this work. There, you can learn, although waxing always requires to be done during some initial sessions by a person who knows how to do it. We can also ask a friend who knows how to do it to teach us.
Some people prefer to resort to laser hair removal rather than to wax, even though its price is very high. Naturally the advantages of laser hair removal are many, the main being the fact that it is a definitive hair removal.
Waxing is never definitive and we must take into account that we must let the hair grow a little so that it can be carried out, which implies that during this time of growth necessary for the wax to act, hair is visible and, therefore, unsightly.
Usually it is allowed to grow about 6 mm, which leads from one hair removal to another about four weeks. In addition, waxing can cause skin irritations, which depending on which areas, such as eyebrows, for example, can be very visible.
Types of waxing
There are three types of waxing:
- Depilation with cold wax: Type of epilation used long ago.
- Waxing with warm wax
Cold waxing was used in the past, but now the most used hair removal is hair removal with previously prepared wax strips. It is a type of hair removal that does not redden the skin and can be used with circulatory problems.
How is wax stripping used?
* What are waxing strips for depilating?
The most practical way to wax it is to use waxing strips. They are some sort of paper strips with a special glue that are aplied on the skin and, after some time, removed to remove the unwanted body hair.
They are products that are sold in pharmacies, supermarkets or beauty shops.
These are packages with larger strips for the legs or smaller strips for the face, although they can also be cut to apply in specific areas.
* Method for depilating with strips of wax:
1) Shower without soap or humectants to avoid interfering with the wax. Dry well with a towel.
2) Sprinkle the legs or armpits with talcum powder.
3) Apply the strips in the same direction of hair growth. For example, to depilate the legs, begin to glue the strips from the knees and continue doing so until you reach the foot.
4) Massage the strips with your hands for some time until you get a warm temperature. Keep the strips on the area with hair until it becomes hard (about 10 minutes)
5) Take otu the strips in the opposite direction to the growth of the hair l. Start with a single strong pull.
6) Calm the irritation using the specific product that accompanies the wax strip packs. These products have antiseptic and soothing components to prevent infections and reduce irritation.
The irritation can also be calmed by placing a cold water compress over the affected area for ¼ hour. Skin irritation remedies may also be used.
How is waxing used with hot wax?
It is generally not recommended to perform waxing with warm wax at home and it is best to leave this type of application for the beautician.
However, if someone wants to do it at home, after some learning sessions in the beauty salon, you can basically follow the above method taking some variants into account:
* Method for depilating with hot wax:
- Follow steps 1 and 2 as in the previous example.
- Hot wax is applied with a spatula in the same direction as the hair's birth. For example, if you want to depilate the leg, wax will be placed from the knee to the ankle.
- On the wax is placed a piece of muslin cloth and pressed against the cream in the direction of the hair. Subsequently, massage is done so that the fabric sticks to the wax.
- Start to take out the wax in the opposite direction to the hair.
- Apply some antiseptic and anti-irritant product one waxing is done.
In which parts of the body is waxing used?
Waxing can be used on virtually all parts of the body: armpits, arms, legs, nipples, facial hair...
Keep in mind that in delicate areas, such as eyebrows, you should go very carefully and do not apply hot wax because it could damage the eyes.
Contraindications, precautions and side effects of waxing
Waxing is not always convenient. Sometimes it is preferable to use warm or cold wax to warm.
Other times it is preferable to use depilatory waxes devoid of beeswax.
Always take into account a series of contraindications and side effects (More information on this topic)
More information on beewax, honey and other bee products in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.