Bitter orange marmalade
BITTER ORANGE MARMALADE RECIPE
- The sugar that we add will provide consistence and thickness to this marmalade. If we consume it in small quantities, we will not ingest an extraordinary amount of calories.
It is an easy and delicious recipe for homemade marmalade that everyone will love, do not hesitate to try it!
- 4 oranges (700-800g approx.)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 500g organic sugar
- Cinnamon (to taste)
A good way to serve the bitter orange marmalade
The day before we must prepare the marmalade:
- Wash and peel the oranges. Book the whole oranges in the fridge.
- Cut the skin of the oranges into small pieces. This marmalade contains orange skin, so, if we want it to become properly soft, we must put it to soak in water overnight in the fridge.
How to make the marmalade?
- Cut the oranges into very small pieces, so that you will be able to spread it better on the bread later.
- In a saucepan pour the orange pieces, orange peel, sugar, lemon zest and cinnamon (1).
- Mix (2) water and add orange peel, just enough to cover (3).
- Let it boil for an hour on low heat (4), stirring often, until most of the water has evaporated (5) and the ingredients become gelatinous (6).
- Place in individual containers. For best storage you can cover and put in Bain Marie (although this jam is so rich, it is usually eaten before it has time to get bad).
More information on orange
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.