Is boxwood a toxic plant?
Yes, boxwood is a toxic plant. All plant parts are poisonous, especially the bark and leaves.
What are the boxwood components?
Effects of boxwood
- These alkaloids are toxic to animals. Poisoning have occurred in humans.
- Essential oils of the plant are probably toxic.
Intoxication with boxwood
- Diarrhea and digestive disorders can be side effects in treatments with boxwood.
Precautions with boxwood
- Do not take internal treatments with boxwood. For all its applications, there are other no toxic natural remedies. See the list of natural remedies that we have in Botanical-online.
- Do not take boxwood if you are pregnant or lactating.
- Do not use in children under 15 years.
- It is recommended not to use this plant for internal use.
More information on boxwood in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.