Buckwheat and apple cream
BUCKWHEAT AND APPLE CREAM RECIPE
- 1 cup of buckwheat, crumpled *
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 ½ cups apple juice
- Diced apple, dressed with lemon juice so it does not become brown.
- Orange zest
(*) In traditional porridge dishes, grain is ground to advance from grains into large pieces. It can be prepared with whole grains, but it will be less thick.
- Preheat oven to 180 º C.
- Wash 3 times buckwheat grain in water to dislodge any dust that may contain. Mash it to break some beans and set aside.
- Mix the butter, sugar, juice of apple, diced apple, lemon zest, spice and buckwheat.
- Put in in single tubs and bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 120 º C. To get it well cooked, the liquid should cover all individual tubs, that's is to say, it must double the amount of buckwheat.
It is a sweet and delicious recipe. Similar to the traditional rice pudding, but with less cloying taste because this grain has a very mild flavor without much starch.
The fiber content and and starches will prevent us from eating something else between meals.
It is also a recipe suitable for coeliacs.
* Related information: Mediterranean diet characteristics.
More information about Mediterranean diet.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.