- 200g. cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 200g. potato
- 2 onions
- Pepper (optional)
- Cheese (optional)
- Fresh parsley (optional)
- Cut the onions into thin crescents and fry them in butter over low heat, with salt. You can also use extra virgin olive oil.
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into small cubes and set aside. Repeat with the carrots and set aside.
- Wash the cabbage and cut into thin strips.
- When the onion is poached, add the other ingredients.
- Add enough water to boil for a while, a little more than that covering the ingredients. Cook with lid on medium heat for 40 minutes.
- The soup can be eaten with whole or crushed ingredients.
- Serve with fresh parsley or a little cheese on top, optionally flavoring with spices to taste.
This is a delicious and healthy recipe because it gives us energy and a lot of fiber. This fiber will make carbohydrates in potatoes to be absorbed more slowly and will prevent us craving for food between meals.
This recipe is well tolerated also for people with stomach problems, as potatoes are easy to digest and olive oil will help protect the gastrointestinal mucosa. Also, note the benefits of cabbage for the stomach, as it is a natural antacid. For these reasons, people with stomach ulcer, gastritis or heartburn should often take cabbage soup or boiled cabbage.
Because of its low-caloric properties and its richness in fiber and vitamins, it is a very interesting recipe for young people, for any slimming diet, for lowering cholesterol, for diabetes, constipation, pregnant women and the elderly.
* Related: Mediterranean diet characteristics.
More information about Mediterranean diet in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.