Chickpeas with spinach properties
SPINACH WITH CHICKPEAS BENEFITS
Properties of the recipe:
It is an energy plate, which gives us complex carbohydrates and B vitamins for our body and our brain. However, carbohydrates are assimilated gradually due to the high fiber content of the plate, so it causes its slow absorption. This means that if we eat this dish at noon, it will give us good energy until mid afternoon.
Fiber is a unique component of the plant world, and our body needs to maintain intestinal health, which is the center of the body's immunity. In addition, a diet rich in fiber helps prevent cholesterol, atherosclerosis, colon cancer and gives us satiety to avoid craving for food.
Ideal in the diet of children, students, youth, and, overall, for those people following a vegetarian balanced diet. Also, for people with diabetes and obesity, but in these cases, it is recommended to increase the amount of spinach and vegetables and reduce the content of the dish of chickpeas.
- 250g. cooked chickpeas
- 200g. spinach
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Black pepper
- Wash the spinach thoroughly in water to remove soil.
- Cut the tails of the spinach and set aside.
- Cut the onion and cut into half moons, very thin thickness.
- Chop the garlic and add them to the ingredients.
- Saute onions and garlic over medium heat with oil and a pinch of salt for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Bring water to a boil and blanch the spinach for 10 minutes. Drain the spinach and discard the water. The spinach soup is rich in oxalates, so you should not take it.
- Add the spinach and chickpeas cooked with fried onion and garlic.
- Mix all ingredients, sprinkle with pepper and cook for 10 minutes over low heat, with the pot lid on.
- Serve as a main dish.
* Related information: Mediterranean diet characteristics.
More information about Mediterranean diet in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.