HOW TO COOK RYE
How to cook the grain of rye?
- Wash the rye with water several times, changing the water 2 or 3 times.
- Soak the rye grains in water for 8-12 hours.
- Boil the grain, like it were oats or rice (3 cups water per cup of rye). Cook over medium heat and cover for 45-60 minutes.
Rye is ready to add to preparations such as stir-fries, salads, paella, veggie burgers,...!
Trivia: I knew that...
- Rye bread stays fresh longer than soft wheat.
- From rye we obtain a dark bread, very popular in northern European countries, called Knäckebrot.
- Pumpernickel bread is a typical Eastern countries and Scandinavian bread made with rye.
- In France, a cake made with honey, spices and rye flour is called pain d'epice or gingerbread (gingerbread).
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.