QUINOA COOKIES RECIPE
How to cook quinoa cookies
- 400g quinoa flour
- 1 ½ cups (12 ounces) of milk
- 20g of baking powder
- 300g of butter
- 4 eggs
- 250g brown sugar
- ¾ cup hot water
- Melt the butter in a double boiler (bain-marie)
- Mix wheat flour and quinoa, and add yeast.
- Dissolve in a cup of boiled water the butter, 4 eggs and sugar. Cool.
- Add the flour mixture to butter, 4 eggs and sugar with water.
- Mix and knead until dough is smooth and manageable.
- Train rolls and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin on a floured board until a thin dough ½ inch thick is obtained.
- Cut it in the form of cookies. We can take a glass jar as mold.
- Place on a baking tray with greased baking paper underneath.
- Brush the biscuits with 2 egg yolks, cinnamon and / or sugar (optional).
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
Properties of quinoa cookies
Cookies are energy dense foods because of their fat content (butter), sugar and flour. Also, they are a healthy snack alternative to industrial products to do with your family.
Also this can be a recipe suitable for coeliacs ONLY in the case of substituting wheat flour for flour suitable for coeliacs.
More recipes and information on quinoa in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.