Dijon mustard sauce benefits
TRADITIONAL DIJON MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE
Ingredients for traditional Dijon mustard sauce
- 120ml. wine vinegar
Traditional Dijon mustard sauce preparation
- Soak mustard seeds overnight with wine. Allow seeds to be hydrated for 12 hours in a refrigerator.
- Grind the above mixture until the grains are crushed completely. The thinner the remaining mixture, the thicker mustard will be. Let stand 20 minutes in refrigerator.
- Cook the mixture over low or medium heat, uncovered, so that the spirit of the wine and vinegar can evaporate. Add 1 tablespoon of salt. Add vinegar if necessary. Bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring constantly.
Mustard contains a type of fiber called mucilage, with emollient effect, that, combined with vinegar, forms a gel. The gel provides the ideal solution for this sauce texture.
- When we get the thick mass, remove it from heat and let it cool.
- Add lemon juice and stir well.
- Add salt.
This is the traditional mustard, although you can lower its strong flavor using only white mustard, or combining it with herbs.
What are the properties of traditional Dijon mustard sauce?
- Mustard sauce is a strong seasoning that should be consumed in small quantities.
- The aromatic components of mustard stimulate gastric secretions, so this sauce is an excellent snack. Also for this reason it has been used to combine with dishes difficult to digest, especially to accompany game meats.
- However, its spicy and intense flavor is a warning for delicate stomachs: indeed, mustard is mildly irritating to the digestive mucosa, so those who suffer from heartburn, dyspepsia or digestive ulcers should avoid consuming it.
More information on mustard in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.