HOME REMEDIES FOR DYSMENORRHEA
Natural medicine for irregular menstruation
Characteristics of dysmenorrhea
Dysmenorrhea is a disease of the female sexual apparatus which consists in having the period or menstruation in an irregular way.
Symptoms of dysmenorrhea
Causes of dysmenorrhea
The main causes of dysmenorrhea are:
- Diseases of the genital organs. (Importance of a gynecological revision)
- Lack of sexual activity
PHYTOTHERAPY: Herbal remedies for pain in menstruation
Useful medicinal plants for dismenorrhea
In order to alleviate the pain it is advisable to prepare mixed infusions to equal parts of: Sage: (Salvia officinalis L.), Rosemary: (Rosmarinus officinalis L.) and Chamomile: (Matricaria chamomilla L.) Take three cups per day until the pain diminishes
In order to avoid the spasms a pad of wild thyme (Thymus serpyllum) can be prepared, with leaves and stems within a clothes cover and placed near the abdominal area at night during sleep.
- Penny royal (Mentha pulegium) Favors the expulsion of the blood. (Infusion of 2 spoonfuls of dry leaves, the double of tender leaves in a liter of water. Take a pair from cups per day. Do not exceed this amount. See toxicity in the general study of the plant.
- Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans) Nutmeg helps regulate menstruation, being suitable for dysmenorrhea (3 g of powdered nutmeg divided into three doses)
- Guarana: (Paullina cupana) Extracts of guarana are used to tread pain in menstruation.
- Dong Quai (Angelica sinensis)
- Shepherd's-purse (Capsella Bursa-pastoris) If the menstruations are not regular in the puberty it is advisable to prepare infusions with shepherd's-purse. A teaspoon per water cup during one week before the menstruation. It is not possible to be applied during pregnancy
- Vervain (Verbena officinalis) (Infusion of a teaspoon of dried plant per cup of water for 10 minutes. Drink 3 cups a day). It is contraindicated in cases of excessive vaginal bleeding and endometriosis.
- Cherry tree (Prunus avium L.) The decoctions of cherry flowering tops turn out as very suitable to favor the menstruation, alleviating the pains the pre-menstrual syndrome (Boil one tablespoon of flower tops per cup of water for 10 minutes. Allow to cool and take a two glasses per day)
- Anise: (Pimpinella anisum) (Infusion of a spoonful of nuts per cup of water. Drinking three cups a day)
- Witch hazel(Hamamelis virginiana) irregular menses in preparations with witch hazel will help to stabilize the bleeding. (Infusion of a teaspoon of dried leaves per cup of water. Take 2 cups daily)
External use preparations for dismenorrhea
- Yarrow: (Achillea millefolium L.) (Boil a handful of flower summits in a litter of water during 15 minutes. Pour it in the bath or in a basin and make hip baths with this preparation)
- Mustard (Brassica nigra) Sinapized foot baths or foot baths with mustard mustard helps activate circulation in the legs and relieves menstrual pain. (15-30g of mustard flour in 1 liter of hot water for 10 minutes. Take foot baths).
More information in the listing above.
TABLE OF COMMON PAINS
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.