HOW TO WHIP EGGS
Ingredients and utensils
- 1 egg
- One tool to beat: fork, whisk, electric mixer, etc..
- Crack an egg in half, hitting it against the edge of a plate..
- Open the egg through the crack separating the two sides as the egg white is dropped on a tray beneath it.
- To clear all the white and leave the yolk aside, pass the egg yolk from half the egg shell to the other half , while we leave the egg white to fall on the plate.
- Add a little salt. (Salt will make it smoother)
- With the help of an instrument to beat, beat the eggs. To do this, go removing them from the bottom to the top in a broad fast movement, circular and rhythmic.
- As we go on beating the egg white , we let air go into it, so that it becomes more dense and compact. We will know that the egg white is already well beaten because you can pick a piece of it without unraveling. It is said that is ready when it " forms stiff peaks". In Spanish, this correct texture for the egg white to be well beaten is called " A punto de nieve" ( = similar to snow falling texture) It is so called because it is a type of texture that resembles freshly fallen snow: white and frothy.
- We test to see if it is well beaten: We take a spoonful of it and, if it stands firm, it is well done.
- The whipped egg has many utilities. Can be used to make meringues, chocolate mousse, tarts, tiramisu, etc..