IMMUNE SYSTEM DIET
Food for the immune system
Diet to strengthen your defenses
A poor diet can weaken our defenses. A slight deficit of vitamins and minerals can cause faulty defenses and allow the emergence of many diseases.
Among the major vitamins and minerals that we must consider to have good defenses, we can point out the following: Vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin E, copper and iron.
- Vitamin B, can be obtained from whole grains (wheat, oats, barley, etc.) Nuts (hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts), vegetables (cabbage, cauliflower, spinach, radishes, endive, lettuce...) yeast, and so on.
- Vitamin A can be obtained by carotenoids, especially beta-carotene, found in many orange, red or yellow plant foods, especially carrots, purslane, spinach, watercress, borage,, pumpkins, tomatoes, asparagus, dandelion
- Vitamin C: Needed for the absorption of vitamin A and E. Its deficiency causes a weakness in the capillaries. In addition to its antioxidant properties, this vitamin is also important for the proper absorption of iron, calcium or other major amino-acids. Peppers contain a lot of vitamin C. Citrus fruits are also very rich (oranges, lemons, grapefruits, etc.).
- Vitamin E: This vitamin is another very powerful antioxidant. Plants that have this vitamin are vegetable fats: wheat germ oil, sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, sunflower oil, sesame oil, toasted almonds and olive oil. Other foods with vitamin E are mangoes and avocados.
Special foods to boost your defenses
Some foods are especially convenient because they contain components that help stimulate the immune system or because they are capable of neutralizing the toxins that can alter our defensive system. Among the main foods recommended for such purposes, we can include the following:
- Legumes: These contain fitoquíquicos that help produce more antibodies. Among all the highlights soy beans and soy products like soy milk or tofu, with a wealth of suitable enzymes to neutralize foreign objects into the body.
- Cabbages, Brussels sprouts and other plants of the cruciferous family (Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, etc) They contain components capable of neutralizing toxins. Their properties to inhibit the development of cancer cells are very interesting.
- Garlics: Garlic is very good for defenses because they are rich in enzymes that stimulate the immune system.
- Onions: With similar properties to garlic, onions are also ideal for strengthening the defenses.
- Yogurt: This food contains lactobacillus that helps restore intestinal flora, which is necessary to eliminate or reduce the number of pathogenic bacteria in the intestine. It has been proved that eating this food usually decreases the number of intestinal and urinary infections and other bacterial diseases of the rest of the body.
Dietary supplements to increase the defenses
- Pollen: Taking about 500 mg of pollen for a few weeks usually helps strengthen the immune system. (It can be taken in capsules sold in stores)
- Royal Jelly: We can say that eating royal jelly produces a general improvement of the body because it stimulates cell formation, which leads to a regeneration of organs, especially in regard to the skin, bones or nervous cells.
Antibacterial and antiviral capacity of royal jelly has been tested in some studies in vitro. It has been found that it inhibits the growth of well-known viruses and bacteria. Especially, the flu viruses.
Fasting to boost your defenses
Fasting facilitates purification of the body. During fasting, the body eliminates toxins and purifies itself. Similarly, fasting can help to increase the defenses. After fasting, the defenses are reinforced.
Naturally, we refer to a total short-lasting fasting (one or two days a month) and not to a prolonged one that is not beneficial, and can even weaken our defenses.
Spring fasting are especially recommended to increase our immunity at a time when the body is subjected to a great stress.
More information about boosting your immune system in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.