Benefits and properties of a lemon diet
What is a lemon cure?
It is a cure in which lemon juice is used for healing purposes, especially cleansing. It is also used to lose weight.
Why to follow a lemon diet?
Lemon juice is very rich in water, exceeding 90% of its content. It contains only 0.10% of fats and 2, 4% of carbohydrates in the form of sugars, especially sucrose and inositol. All this determines that it is a very light food since its caloric level is only about 26 kcal per 100 g.
Lemon contains lots of vitamin C, citric acid and malic acid.
Benefits and properties of lemon diet
Among the main virtues of lemons we can mention the following:
- For the treatment of obesity
- For the treatment of constipation.
- For cholesterol control
- For the reduction of hypertension.
- For the treatment of arteriosclerosis.
- For the treatment of fluid retention.
- To maintain good bone health.
- As a revitalizing and mineralizing, to combat anemia.
- For stomach acidity?
- For the ulcer?
- For stimulation of the liver, in liver failure.
- For impotence.
- For the health of the eyes.
- To improve mood and maintain good nerve health.
- For tiredness or spring astenia.
- To hydrate the organism.
- As an antioxidant, for the elimination of toxins. (Contaminants such as pesticides, fertilizers, heavy minerals, etc.)
- To purge the intestines of toxins that can develop cancers.
How to perform a lemon diet?
This diet can be carried out, if the person does not present a health problem that prevents it, for about 18 or 20 days, so it is appropriate that it is properly controlled by a doctor or specialist.
How many lemons can we take?
The amount of lemon ingested should be progressively increased until, theoretically, the juice of 8 or 9 lemons is ingested. We should start the first day with the juice of a squeezed lemon and continue to increase the dose at the rate of one more lemon every day until reaching 8 or 9. Then decrease by reason of a daily lemon until it lasts 10 or 11 more days.
Lemon juice should always be diluted with lukewarm water and at a maximum rate of 50%. It will be taken primarily before breakfast or in the morning.
To take advantage of the properties of lemon is necessary to take into account that it should be squeezed shortly before drinking it so that, in contact with the air, do not degrade the vitamins, especially vitamin C.
Is it good to eat an exclusive diet of lemons?
This theoretical combination results in the practice very difficult to carry out by the high amount of lemon that we should ingest, so it is not tolerated by many people.
For this reason, most specialists recommend lowering the dose and reaching a maximum of a couple of lemons a day (some prefer to talk only one daily throughout the diet). At the same time, the ingestion of lemons must be accompanied by other foods.
* Related information: Lemon diet contraindications
Menus for the lemon diet
If this diet is to be carried out, we propose a series of very useful menus to follow with the lemon diet.
More information on lemon
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.