natural treatment liver cancer
Characteristics of liver cancer
Liver cancer is a disease characterized by abnormal growth of liver cells that produce a cancerous tumor.
Types of liver cancer
There are different types of liver cancer:
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma (malignant hepatoma) is a type of cancer that develops in the liver itself. It is the most common liver cancer and constitutes 80 to 90% of all cases of liver cancer.
- Metastatic cancer is a cancer that originates elsewhere in the body and enters this organ.
- Hepatoblastoma: A type of childhood cancer.
Causes of liver cancer
The exact causes of liver cancer are not known. However, there are a number of factors that can favour its appearance:
- Hepatitis: This is the factor that causes most liver cancers. For example, 10 to 20% of patients with hepatitis B develop liver cancer.
- Cirrhosis: it is the second factor. 5 to 10% of patients with cirrhosis develop into liver cancer.
- Hemochromatosis: This is another disease that can lead to liver cancer.
Toxic products for the liver
Some products are toxic to the liver; they have carcinogenic properties, ie may cause the development of liver cancer. Among the best known are toxic chemicals like arsenic, mercury, lead, copper, phosphorus, selenium, pesticides, insecticides and certain vegetables.
Aflatoxins are carcinogenic toxins that develop on certain foods, especially in nuts and dried fruits.
Symptoms and diagnosis of liver cancer
However, fortunately, many of these symptoms may be caused by other benign pathologies.
For the diagnosis of the disease, apart from a physical examination, a blood test is required. Subsequently, to determine the existence of a tumor in the liver with certainty, some other medical tests may be required, including x-rays, MRIs, scanogram, etc.
The final confirmation is given by a biopsy, which involves removing a small sample of liver tissue and its subsequent examination under a microscope.
It is important to diagnose this disease in its later stages to control its progress
More information about liver cancer natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.