LOQUAT CAKE RECIPE
- 1kg. clean loquats, without skin and bones.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 250g. whole wheat flour
- 175g. butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200g. brown sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 100ml. hot milk
- A little bit of salt
- Wash and peel the loquats. Remove the seeds from the inside (the seeds are not edible).
- Cut the pulp into pieces.
- In a pan, place 20g. butter (1 tablespoon). When it melts, add the medlar, honey and the juice of 1 lemon.
- Cook over very low heat, covered, for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, prepare the dough for the cake:
- Beat the eggs with the sugar.
- Add to the mixture the melted butter.
- Add 100ml. warm milk
- Sift flour
- Add 1 packet of baking powder.
- Add cinnamon, vanilla or spices to taste and a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 � C.
- Mix the cooked loquats, cooled 10 minutes, with the mass of cake.
- Place the dough on a baking sheet, greased with oil or butter,
- Bake at 180 for 40 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool.
This recipe is quite caloric due to its content of flour, sugar and fats (butter). Do not eat too often,although in the balanced ration it is perfectly compatible with a healthy, varied and above all, enjoyable diet.
It is an ideal place to take for breakfast, dessert or snack when we need to take energy to work during the day or evening option.
More recipes and information about loquat in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.