LUNCHTIME: ADEQUATE FOOD IN EVERY MEAL
The mid-day meal or lunch
What is the mid-day meal or lunch?
Lunch is the meal we do after completing the morning tasks. Depending on the different countries, people have it earlier or later. For example, French people are very punctual and they usually have lunch at 12 o'clock. In Spain, they usually have it from 1 o'clock to 2:30.
What is lunch for?
The midday meal is aimed to replenish the energy lost during the working hours in the morning and to prepare the body to perform the rest of the work in the afternoon. With a proper meal at noon, we will work better and we will not be hungry until snack time in the afternoon.
What foods are suitable for lunch?
It is very important to eat at least one food from each group. In this way, we will ensure that we do not lack any nutrients that our body needs to function well, to grow. or in order not to become sick.
In typical menu for lunch the following groups of food should be included:
- The most abundant foods have to be cereals, or other plant food (rice, pasta, bread, potatoes, chickpeas, peas, lentils,...)
- These foods should always be accompanied with vegetables: (tomatoes, carrots, onions, lettuces,...)
- Fish, meat and eggs, one of three, must always be present (hake, fish sticks, tuna, salmon, meatballs, chicken, tortilla, egg,...) We must change foods during the week so that we end up eating three groups of food, because fish is very important for growth, meat is rich in iron, and are are very healthy!
- If we accompany the meal a bit of salad, we will have extra vitamins: (marinated tomatoes, salad greens, shredded carrots,...) We can also add a little cereal or potato to complete the meal: mashed potatoes, rice,...
- The healthier dessert is a fruit or yogurt (bananas, pears, apples, kiwis, oranges, yogurts, fruit salads) On some special days, we can can eat frozen yogurt,...
EXAMPLE OF LUNCH MENUS
More information about nutrition in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.