SYMPTOMS OF LUPUS
WHAT ARE THE MAIN SYMPTOMS OF LUPUS?
Systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is an autoimmune disease that can affect various body organs. The symptoms are diverse and may disappear or worsen depending on the evolution of the disease.
People with lupus do NOT suffer all the symptoms described here:
- Fever: appears in 80% of patients with lupus. Only considered a symptom of lupus fever over 38 º.
- Fatigue, prolonged fatigue
- Anorexia (lack of appetite) or weight loss.
Repercussions of the locomotor system:
- Arthritis: swollen and tender joints in transitional periods. It is the most common symptom of lupus patients (95%), which is usually accompanied by weakness and fatigue.
- Tenosynovitis: the lining of the tendon becomes inflamed, causing difficulty moving the joint and pain.
- Myositis: inflammation of the muscles of the body.
- Aseptic necrosis: bone tissue injury of the femoral head. It commonly affects most children with lupus.
Effects on the skin:
- Erythema widespread in the body, butterfly erythema, malar rash, palmar erythema
- Blisters on the skin
- Raynaud's disease due to circulatory problems in the extremities.
- Photosensitivity sunburn
- Alopecia: the involvement of the scalp can cause hair loss.
- Mouth ulcers and nasal ulcers: nasal ulcers are generally asymptomatic and are discovered during the medical examination.
- Lack of appetite or anorexia
- Nausea or vomiting
- Esophageal discomfort
Cardiovascular system symptoms:
- Poor circulation, with cold fingers bluish
- Problems of blood coagulation
Nervous system symptoms:
- Tingling in some areas of the body,
- Muscle weakness
- Changes in personality
- Confusion or psychosis
Renal system symptoms:
- Glomerulonephritis (kidney inflammation that triggers hypertension)
- Excess protein in the urine (proteinuria, casts)
- Blood in urine (hematuria)
- Inflammation of the kidney and damage caused by lupus (lupus nephritis)
- Pleurisy: inflammation of the lining surrounding the lungs
- Cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
More information on lupus natural remedies.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.