(Litchi chinensis= Nephelium litchi)
LYCHEE CHARACTERISTIC AND BENEFITS
What is lychee?
Lychee or litchi is the fruit of lychee (Litchi chinensis), a tree of Chinese origin.
It has a round but very peculiar shape, because it has small sharp bulges on its rind.
The color of the skin is pink with a slightly mask of dark yellow, but with a deep pink in the interior.
If we peel the litchi, it contains an edible pulp of a white color with a slightly yellow tone and a smooth texture.
In the center of the fruit, there is a large round bone.
What does lychee contain?
As a source of energy, 100 grams of litchis give us 66 kilocalories.
Its proportion of nutrients is divided into:
- More than 81% is water.
- 0.44% fat.
- Near to 0.9% of proteins.
- More than 16% of carbohydrates.
- 1.3% fiber.
Minerals and vitamins of lychee
Composition of litchis
Main components of lychee
Benefits of lychees
- It has a good water content that keeps us from dehydrating.
- It gives us energy to have vitality during the day.
- It is a poor source of fat and protein.
- It has a high content of carbohydrates, specifically in sugars.
- It has a low fiber content.
- It helps us eliminate toxins from our body, because of its potassium content.
- Magnesium helps relax muscles.
- It helps us to maintain a correct brain function, due to its content in phosphorus and B vitamins.
- By its content in vitamin B9 helps to grow properly.
More information on lychee in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.