Sweet mustard sauce
Sweet mustard sauce recipe
HOW TO PREPARE SWEET MUSTARD SAUCE
Made from mustard seeds, salt, spices, acidifier, malt vinegar, honey, caramel and herbs.
Derived from Bavarian mustard, a traditional preparation also with sweet taste, which formerly was produced from wild mustard in coarse grains, honey and herbs.
Ingredients of sweet mustard sauce
- 120g. ground white mustard seeds
- 150ml. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of coriander powder
- 1 pinch of anise powder
- 1 pinch of clove powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preparation of sweet mustard sauce
- Mix the crushed white mustard seeds with apple cider vinegar. Remove and let stand 15 minutes. Mustard contains a type of fiber called mucilage, with emollient effect, which forms a gel with vinegar. This gel will provide the ideal solution for this sauce texture.
- Add the honey, spices powder, sugar, salt and lemon juice.
- Stir well so that all ingredients become blended.
- When a homogeneous mass is formed, pour into glass jars.
- It must be kept in the refrigerator and use within 1 week.
More recipes and information on mustard in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.