Nettle soup properties
How to prepare a nettles soup
NETTLES SOUP RECIPE
- 2 onions
- 1 zucchini
- 1 bag of fresh nettle leaves. They should be collected only with gloves and only the upper leaves of the plant (young leaves).
- Wash the nettles with the protection of some gloves to avoid the stinging effect on the skin.
- Cut the onion into cubes and fry with olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Wash the zucchini and cut into cubes.
- Add the zucchini and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the nettles and reserve a bunch of fresh nettles, to be added to the end of cooking.
- Add 2 cups of water, salt, and cover. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the fresh nettle leaves, cook them for 2 minutes, and grind all the soup. This step brings a different flavor to the recipe: freshness besides lighter green colour.
- Optionaly add cheese.
- Serve as a main dish.
Properties of nettle soup
It also provides digestive qualities favoring stimulation of bile production by the liver. Increased bile contributes not only to an increased digestion of food, but to a decrease in cholesterol levels since this facilitates its removal from the body.
It is a source of healthy fats because nettle and extra virgin olive oil contain omega 3 and omega 6. These fats have anti-inflammatory effect, which may help treat premenstrual symptoms in women, especially if there is pain.
In weight loss plans, nettle soup is ideal because it provides few calories and diuretic components help to eliminate toxins from the body.
We can not forget the wealth in beta carotene and folic acid that leafy greens like nettles contain, which makes them very suitable during pregnancy, for skin care, people in old age, and in general, in all diet balanced vegetarian diets, cleansing diets, etc..
More information about wild plants in the kitchen in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.