BENEFITS OF ONIONS
What are onions?
Onions (Allium cepa) are vegetables.
What are the main nutrients of onions?
As an energy source, 100 grams of onions provide 38 kcal.
Vitamins and minerals of onions
Onions are rich in potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and calcium.
Nutritional characteristics of onions
- It has a high water content.
- It provides little energy.
- It contains very little fat, although of high quality and with many health benefits.
- It has a very low protein content.
- It has a good carbohydrate, especially sugars.
- It possesses a moderate-fiber content.
- It helps to remove toxins from our body, because it contains potassium.
- It helps maintain our brain function properly, because it contains phosphorus. In addition, together with calcium, it maintains the balance of the formation of strong bones.
- Because of its magnesium content, it helps the contraction and relaxation of muscles.
- For its content in B vitamins, particularly vitamin B9, it helps us to grow properly.
- It protects us from colds, helps heal wounds, toxins and aging, because it contains vitamin C.
Onion in the kitchen
More information about other foods and nutrition in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.