- Plants that relieve pain and do not stimulate the pancreas.
- Foods rich in vitamins to improve health.
Pancreatitis is a serious disease that must be treated by a doctor . Consult a qualified physician or nutritionist if you have questions about your diet .
Remedies for pancreatitis
Remedies for Pancreatitis
Among the most recommended foods and plants there are the following:
Astringent plants for pancreatitis
- Blueberry : (Vaccinium ssp.) Its astringent properties are able to stop excess stool. You can eat raw blueberries or make a " tincture of blueberry fruits ." This is a maceration of 40 grams of dry blueberry fruits in 360 g of alcohol at 70 ° for 10 days. Once completed, you will take about 25 drops mixed in a glass of water a few times each day until diarrhea is resolved.
Proteolytic enzymes for pancreatitis
There are some plants that produce fruits with natural enzymes that favour digestion. Eating a piece of one of these foods at the end of a meal will help to disgregate the proteins so it will prevent some negative consequences of indigestion.
These type of enzymes are called proteolytic enzymes. We have very well-know fruits containing these enzymes, such as:
- Pineapple (Ananas comosus) : It contains bromelain, an enzyme that helps digest proteins , so it will be very helpful in the process of digestion. A good piece of pineapple after eating allows us to digest food better. (Take pineapple after eating)
- Figs: (Ficus carica) Figs contain ficin, an enzyme that helps digest food. (Take figs in food)
- Kiwi (Actinidia chinensis) : That feeling of " itching " that kiwifruit leaves in your mouth is produced by actidine, an enzyme capable of breaking proteins into amino acids.
This food helps with digestion of food and it is useful in cases of indigestion. Kiwi smoothies can be drank instead if you can not kiwi seeds.
- Mango (Mangifera indica) also has these properties. (Eat kiwi or mango at the end of your meals) .
- Papaya (Carica papaya) : It has an enzyme called papain or papayotin . It has proteolytic properties as trypsin which is found in the stomach. Papaya helps with digestion being very suitable for pancreatitis because it is also rich in beta carotene and antioxidants. (Take papaya after eating)
Intestine- soothing plants for pancreatitis
Matricaria chamomilla): posee propiedades antiinflamatorias y relajantes que pueden ayudar a disminuir la inflamación, prevenir la hinchazón y rebajar el dolor.">- Chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla) has anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that can help reduce inflammation , prevent swelling and reduce pain . (Infusion of a spoonful of dried flowers per cup of water. Take 2 cups a day)
- Marshmallow (Althaea officinalis) : Its richness in mucilage makes it suitable for treating irritated mucous membranes . Also the presence of tannins can help in excess stool. (Infusion of a teaspoon of dried flowers and leaves per cup of water for 10 minutes. Two cups a day) .
- Rice (Oryza sativa) : The enriched rice drink (rice water) is the most practical way to make the contribution of calcium for people with digestive diseases. On the other hand, rice starch provides demulcent properties to your intestine.
- Onion (Allium cepa) : Its flavonol content helps reduce inflammation. (Decoction of an onion skin in a liter of water. Drink the resulting water throughout the day) .
Sedative plants for pancreatitis
- Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) : Its antispasmodic function is not only limited at the external level of limb muscle . Internally, the sedative properties of this plant may be useful to calm the spasms of the digestive system by acting on the intestinal muscles ( Infusion of a teaspoon per cup of water for 15 minutes. 3 or 4 cups a day between meals)
-Valerian(Valeriana officinalis) : It can help diminish the spasms and reduce pain , anxiety , vomiting , intestinal swelling , or stress. (Infusion of approximately 15 g of the root of the plant that must be left to stand overnight)