- 1 kg of persimmons
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 kg sugar
- Clean persimmons, using a damp cloth.
- Remove the cap and stalk. Cut the persimmons and remove the seeds. Cut persimmons into small pieces.
- In a saucepan place the sugar and cinnamon, add the pieces of kaki and let stand for about 5 hours. During this time the persimmons absorb sugar and give off their juice.
- After this time, turn on the fire and cook for 2 hours over a low fire.
- Turn off the heat. Cool slightly.
- Remove the cinnamon, and package the persimmon marmalade in glass jars. Keep them in the frigde or in a cool place.
Ways to serve:
- Serve at breakfast spread on bread. Midmorning or midafternoon snacks. To fill cakes.
Other persimmon recipes:
More information on persimmon in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.