herbal remedies irregular menstruation
NATURAL TREATMENT OF THE PREMENSTRUAL SYNDROME
How to alleviate the insomnia, the anxiety, the swelling and other symptoms of the menstruation?
Remedies to alleviate the premenstrual syndrome
As we see in the listing above, in addition to an adequate diet and lifestyle changes, adoption of appropriate herbal medicine can help alleviate the negative symptoms of premenstrual syndrome.
PHYTOTHERAPY: Herbal remedies for premenstrual syndrome
The main function of the phytotherapy in the treatment of the pre-menstrual syndrome concentrates in the use of the medicinal plants that fulfill the following objectives:
- Plants that help to balance hormones.
- Plants that help to diminish the symptoms that this hormonal imbalance produces.
The main plants used to remedy this syndrome are:
- Common evening primrose = Evening star: (Oenothera biennis) Evening primrose is a plant that has been traditionally used to combat the discomfort of menstruation. especially evening primrose oil contains gamma-linolenic acid that is transformed in the body in prostaglandin E1, a kind of hormone, with anti-inflammatory properties well suited to prevent swelling due to accumulation of fluids, breast pain, and general discomfort of women during menstruation.
Also for depressive symptoms that may accompany this syndrome (Take evening primrose oil capsules before menstruation according to the prospectus conditions) (Avoid those brands are not reliable due to the distortion that these oils are often subject)
- Wormwood: (Artemisia absinthium) It decreases menstrual cramps and regulates the levels of blood sugar, reducing the need to eat sweets that affects many women during this period.
- Dong Quai (Angelica sinensis)
- Meadowsweet (Filipendula ulmaria) Menstrual pain can be treated with flowers Infusion. (Infusion of 2 teaspoons of flowers, twice daily. Do not reach boiling not to destroy the salicylic acid present in flowers).
Meadowsweet flowers still in bloom
- Siberian ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus) It acts on hormones diminishing many of the symptoms of this period. (Preparations made with a mix of Siberian ginseng and licorice. Take according to the information leaflet)
- Yarrow: (Achilea millefolium) Anxiety and nervousness during menopause, as well as many other side effects typical of premenstrual syndrome (headaches, stomach, breasts, abdomen swelling, skin irritation, redness, etc..) can be alleviated with the use of this plant. Similarly, it is used to alleviate the involuntary spasms of nervous origin, such as tics, cardiac arrhythmias, in states of anxiety or physical outcome of a process of depression (Infusion of half a teaspoon of this plant with half a teaspoon of chamomile. 3 cups daily).
-Chamomile: (Matricaria chamomilla) It facilitates menstruation, avoiding the pains involved. It also is useful to combat the spasms that occur in the premenstrual syndrome or menstruation. (2 or 3 cups a day of the infusion of one teaspoon of dried flowers per cup of water)
Chamomile can calm menstruation
- Nettle: (Urtica dioica) It is a plant with very prominent diuretic properties, it is useful to reduce swelling in hands, ankles, or breasts. (Infusion of a spoonful of dried plant per cup of water. Take 2 or 3 cups a day) Other plants could replace diuretic nettle (See more information on other diuretic plants)
- Valerian: (Valerian officinalis) Against any kind of nervous disorders and depression - palpitations, spasms, vomiting, nervous exhaustion, stress, etc. (Infusion of about 15 grams of the root of this plant that is allowed to stand overnight.)
- Passion flower: (Passiflora caeurulea) Very usable to help people who are following a treatment for depression or have a tendency to be sad or depressed, in situations like the recent loss of a job, the death of any dear person, nerve problems associated with menopause or premenstrual syndrome. (Infusion of a couple of tablespoons of dried plant per litter of water. Drink a couple of small cups a day) (Maceration of the desired quantity of dried plant with the same amount of alcohol for a week. Filter and take a 25 drops per day)
Passion flower is suitable for depression symptoms caused by premenstrual syndrome
- Maize/corn (Zea mays) Cornsilk is one of the best natural diuretics. It can be useful to reduce the swelling that accompanies women during this period. (Decoction of 50 g per liter of corn silk for 20 minutes. 4 cups per day)
- Yarrow: (Achilea millefolium) A bath with the addition of a 10 % infusion of this dried plant can help relax the body, preventing spasms.
- Lavender: (Lavender officinalis) A bath with the addition of a 10 % infusion of this dried plant can help relax the body.
More information on the premenstrual syndrome in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.