Quinoa for coeliacs
How to make quinoa with onion and broccoli for coeliacs
QUINOA WITH ONION AND BROCCOLI RECIPE
Ingredients of quinoa with onion and broccoli for two
- 1 cup quinoa as measure (for 2 people)
- Water or vegetable broth: Double the amount of quinoa (2 glasses)
- 140 g. broccoli
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves, cut into sheets
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
How to make the sauce (20 minutes)
- Put oil in a pan for the sauce with onion and garlic with a pinch of salt over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and a little water. Cover and cook over medium heat.
How to prepare quinoa (15 minutes)
Quinoa is cooked separately from the sauce.
- How to measure quinoa: 1 cup 200cc. serves for 2 people. (Quinoa doubles in size when cooked)
- Clean the quinoa with the help of a colander under running water to remove impurities.
- Place in a pot 1 cup quinoa and twice the amount of water or broth with salt.
- Cook over medium heat for about 14 minutes, with lid (to prevent water from evaporating)
- DO NOT cook on high heat and do not stir too much as the grain of quinoa is very delicate and can break easily. If you boil too long, quinoa can break and lose its consistency.
- DO NOT remove water, because water measure is alright. If we have some left, We will let stand until the quinoa can absorb it.
- After following these instructions, quinoa grain should be loose and well cooked. Carefully (without removing too much, to avoid it breaking), pour the quinoa into the fried vegetables, throw a pinch of salt and stir.
- Turn off the heat of the vegetables and let them stand for 10 minutes so that quinoa can absorb the flavor of roasted vegetables.
- Serve as a main dish.
Nutritional properties of quinoa with onion and broccoli?
Approximately 100 g. Quinoa provide 320 Kcal., corresponding roughly to the same calories in cereals (such as rice or corn).
It provides many important nutrients for the nervous system(amino acids and essential fatty acids), so it is indicated for stress.
More information about onions recipes, nutritional values and medicinal properties in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.