How to prepare quinoa pilaf
What is a pilaf?
Pilaf or pilaw is a rice recipe which is typically used to accompany Indian food in restaurants. But the origin of the recipe is from the Caucasus region and the Balkan peninsula.
This recipe is equally applicable with quinoa, which is characterized by preserving the greatest possible nutritional quality of this grain, while we enjoy a flavorful meal.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- ½ cup red bell pepper and green pepper, chopped small
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 finely chopped garlic
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse and drain the quinoa. Repeat 3 times to remove any impurities and traces of saponins. Drain.
- Toast the quinoa in a pan over medium - low heat for 5 minutes.
- Bake in a pan with 2 parts water for 13 minutes (not to be fully cooked). Drain well.
- In a different pan, add the olive oil, add a pinch of salt, and saute the onion. Add all vegetables: peppers, carrots, parsley and garlic.
- Add the quinoa cooked and drained to the sautéed vegetables and stir. Add half cup water and cover. Let it cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes.
It is a natural and healthy recipe for the whole year, rich in fiber and protein of high biological value. Ideal in all kinds of healthy diets and suitable for coeliacs.
More recipes and information on quinoa in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.