Quinoa for arthritis
How to prepare quinoa with vegetables for arthritis
QUINOA WITH VEGETABLES RECIPE
- Zucchini, ecological
- Pinch of salt
- Clean the quinoa with water to remove any impurities.
- Boil the quinoa for 14 minutes:
Quinoa contains some saponins, substances that are toxic in excess. Saponins are responsible for the foam which forms in water when cooking quinoa. For this reason, it is advisable to boil the quinoa with enough water, then strain it and remove some of the saponins.
- In a skillet, put enough oil to brown the onion, we cut it in small squares, with a pinch of salt and medium heat.
- Clean and cut the zucchini into small pieces, to mix well with the quinoa later. If organic farming is not necessary to withdraw the skin.
- When the onion is golden, add the zucchini and a pinch of salt.
- Saute for 4 minutes, lower the heat and cover so that the zucchini is cooked with its own steam for 12-16 minutes.
- Strain the quinoa and set aside.
- When the zucchini is cooked, mix the vegetables with quinoa and serve.
Properties of quinoa with vegetables:
It is an energetic and very nutritious recipe. It primarily provides carbohydrates with a high content of essential amino acids, important for the functioning of the nervous system, due to the properties of quinoa
It is an excellent contribution of sustainable energy, which will prevent us to eat something between meals. In one study, it was determined that quinoa provides more satiety than other cereals, such as rice.
It is a source of healthy fats because it contains extra virgin olive oil with anti-inflammatory properties that can help treat pain. Suitable for the diet for arthritis, premenstrual symptoms or if there is pain.
More information about quinoa in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.