How to make raspberry jam
RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE
- 2 kg of sugar
- Wash and clean the raspberries in a colander and leave them to drain and dry.
- Place the sugar in a saucepan and place it in the oven at 110 degrees, until it is hot. Turn off the oven and keep the sugar in it to maintain the same temperature.
- Place a saucepan on low fire and put the raspberries in (no need of water.) From time to time, remove and shake the berries. Cover the pan during the first 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, and when a soupy mixture produced by the juice of raspberries appears, uncover the pan and cook on low fire for 12 to 15 minutes until the mixture becomes very juicy and tender.
- Pour the sugar into the pan and stir well. Raising the maximum cooking temperature and cook about 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and place the saucepan on a support in the kitchen bench outside the fire so it can clot, which usually happens in about 3 minutes.
- When clotted, remove the foam and pack. (For packaging use a funnel, filling the jars up to the maximum. Cover the jars with waxed paper when the jam is still warm and cover immediately)
- Keep the jam at room temperature until it loses the heat and subsequently store it in a cool, dry place, protected from light.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.