Pain d'épice o ginger bread recipe
How to make pain d'epice or ginger bread
What is pain d'épice o ginger bread?
It is a French sweet rye cake with spices
How to make pain d'épice o ginger bread
"Pinches" of spices:
- 1 tablespoon candied orange peel (put in water overnight, boil with sugar and, soak with a little of the juice, let it reduce).
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C.
- Mix the flour, rye flour, baking soda, ground spices and salt in a bowl. Sprinkle with anise seeds.
- Beat or knead the butter and egg.
- Add water and mix.
- Add the flour and spices with the help of a strainer or sieve. Add gradually to be unten all ingredients.
- Add the honey (you can mix jam) and candied orange.
- Place in a baking dish greased with butter and dusted with flour.
- Bake for 60 minutes at 180 ° C, or until a toothpick puncture in the center comes out clean.
- Rest for 10 minutes and pour into a bowl to aerate and cool completely finished.
It can be wrapped in plastic and stored for at least a week, during this time the flavors come together and you get a more flavory and a denser mass.
If frozen, it can be stored for 2 months.
More information about rye in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.