Rhubarb vegan quiche
RHUBARB VEGAN QUICHE RECIPE
- 1 block of smoked tofu
- ½ block of tofu
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 1 finely chopped carrot
- 1 diced zucchini
- 300 grams of rhubarb petioles, washed and cut into pieces of 1 finger wide
- 1 bay leaf
- Optional: seaweed, edible
Preparation of vegan rhubarb quiche:
- Blanch the rhubarb with boiling water for 5 minutes and drain (discard the water).
- Sauté the onion with the olive oil, the bay leaf and a pinch of salt, over medium heat until golden.
- Add the vegetables with the onion and sauté them.
- Boil for 10-14 minutes the two types of tofu covered with water. Then, the cooking water will be used, so the less we use (enough to boil), the better it will taste.
- Remove tofu and place in a shredding container. Mix a little of the cooking water so that when crushing the tofu we have a thick dough, with the proper texture to mix with the sauté we have prepared.
- Mix the "thick mass" of tofu with the sautéed, as if it were egg, and place in a baking tray.
- Finish cooking in the oven to mix well the flavors.
Original quiche suitable for vegetarians and people allergic to eggs.
Many flavors and vegetables can be combined. We encourage you to try this quiche with sauteed arbequina olives, or capers; Combined with other vegetables. They give a surprising taste that combines very well with the smoked tofu.
More recipes and information on rhubard in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.