consequences of smoking cigarettes
CONSEQUENCES OF SMOKING
CHARACTERISTICS OF TOBACCO ADICTION
What is tobbacco addiction?
TOBACCO ADDICTION is the craving for tobacco, consisting of a dependency on this product, which produces a poisoning of the body.
Adiction to tobacco or tabaquism reduces the smoker's health, encourages the development of diseases and shortens the life expectancy of the smoking population.
Why does a tobacco addict is so dependent on tobbaco?
The smoker feels the urge to smoke because of the stimulant or sedative properties that tobacco produces, since nicotine stimulates the adrenal glands to produce adrenaline in the blood
Quitting smoking is not easy and that this leads to so-called abstinence syndrome with a series of characteristic symptoms.
It is very usual for a tobbaco addict, to smoke a cigarrete while waiting someone. In the photo, woman smoking
Symptoms of tobacco addiction
Causes of tobacco addiction
The addition to tobacco is produced by the ingestion of the alkaloid nicotine.
Consequences of tobacco addiction
Tobacco is a toxic substance that affects the body in general but, fundamentally, it is responsible for:
- Lung cancer: The main cause of lung cancer is smoking.
- Diseases of the circulatory system: Nicotine is a vasoconstrictor that decreases the thickness of the arteries and coronary vessels, increases heart rate and increases blood pressure. Moreover, carbon monoxide prevents proper oxygenation of the cells and alters the walls of the arteries.
Tobacco is responsible for many cases of heart attacks, which usually is known as angina pectoris. Heart attacks are more common in smokers. The habit of smoking is one of the leading causes of circulatory system diseases such as arteriosclerosis, the hypertension, the heart failure, etc.
These diseases are caused by the components of the plant, not only the alkaloid nicotine, which is fatal in concentrated doses, but especially other as tar and ammonia which are highly carcinogenic.
Tobacco does not only affects smokers, but nonsmokers who share with them indoors (passive smokers)
- Diseases of the digestive system: Tobacco is responsible for many diseases of the digestive system, such as ulcers, gastritis or heartburn. Mouth or esophagus cancer are more habitual among people who smoke.
- Skin diseases: The skin, together with kidneys or intestines, is one of the organs responsible for eliminating toxins that affect the body. The cleaner is the body of harmful substances, the healthier and more youthful our skin will be. By reducing blood flow in the capillaries of the skin, tobacco affects the health of the body producing older skin and wrinkles,
- Genital tract: A lack of blood supply, caused by narrowed blood vessels in the penis, is one of the causes of male impotence and loss of sexual desire. Similarly, tobacco is a toxic that diminishes the fertility with a potential risk during pregnancy and childbirth, which can cause premature pregnancies and babies with low weight.
- General toxic of the organism (free radicals): The tobacco is one of the major toxins responsible for the production of free radicals that are responsible for many degenerative diseases, among which is cancer. Similarly these radicals attack the body and are factors that help the appearance of premature aging.
Other problems caused by tabaquism
More information on tobacco in the listing above.
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.