Spinach with boiled potatoes recipe
SPINACH WITH BOILED POTATOES
- 200g. spinach
- 200g. potato
- 4 garlic cloves cut in sheets
- A bay leaf
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Cut them into medium pieces and set aside.
- Wash the spinach and cut off the tails.
- Bring water to boil with a little salt, oil and laurel.
- When the water boils, toss spinach and potatoes, and cook for 12 minutes.
- In a skillet, put a little oil and saute garlic over low heat. If done over low heat, the oil catches the flavor of garlic.
- Drain the vegetables and add to the pan with the garlic.
- Mix the ingredients and fill so that the flavor macerate for 4 minutes.
- Serve as a main dish or accompaniment
Photo of spinach with boiled potatoes
This is a delicious and healthy recipe, and it gives us energy and it is high in fiber. Fiber will make carbohydrates from tubers to be absorbed slowly, and makes us to be satiated between meals (more).
This recipe is very suitable for people with heart problems and cholesterol. Is a contribution of polyphenols and omega 9 beneficial to the health of the arteries and heart, as well as being a dish cleanser because it contains fiber, which helps lower bad cholesterol.
Because of its antioxidant qualities, energy and wealth in folic acid in spinach, it is an interesting dish for children, athletes, youth, for those on a slimming diet, a diet for constipation, pregnant women and elderly people.
* Related information: Mediterranean diet characteristics.
More information about Mediterranean diet in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.