Sweet potato with honey recipe
RECIPES OF SWEET POTATOES
SWEET POTATOES WITH HONEY
The crispy sweet potato with honey is one of the most popular sweets in Mexico, where it is commonly known as "camote enmielado". It is usually sold in stores, street vendors during the cold months season.
It is easy to prepare, rich, sweet and very nutritious because of its contribution in beta carotene and vitamins. We propose the recipe so you can prepare it at home:
- 4 sweet potatoes or yams
- 200g. brown sugar
- Grated lemon rind of 2 lemons
- 150g. butter
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes.
- Bring water to boil. When it is boiling, add the sweet potatoes whole with a pinch of salt.
- Boil for 12 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and place the sweet potatoes in a baking tray.
- Cover them with sugar and lemon grind.
- Brush with butter previously melted.
- Cooking temperature in the oven at 150 ° C for about 30 minutes. Every 10 minutes, with the help of a spoon, turn the sweet potatoes and bathe them in the water they produce.
Properties of camote enmielado
Sweet potato is an excellent source of energy, very nutritious and easily digested. Like potato, sweet potato is a tuber rich in carbohydrates, containing more than potato. However, sweet potato contains fiber, which slows down the digestion of sugars, preventing hyperglycemia.
We must highlight its richness in provitamin A, in the form of beta carotene, which contributes to caring for the skin of the body, either inside it or outside it, keeping healthy the walls of blood vessels and helping the welfare of the cardiovascular system.
However, people with diabetes and overweight should moderate their consumption of honeyed sweet potatoes due to its high sugar content, and opt for sweet recipes without refined sugar, as our fruit skewer recipe.
More information about sweet potato recipes and other properties in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.