Truffles with walnuts and sesame seeds
Benefits of truffles with walnuts and sesame seeds
EASY RECIPE OF TRUFFLES WITH WALNUTS, BLACK SESAME SEEDS AND HONEY
Recipe of truffles with seeds
Delicious and easy recipe for truffles, quick and easy to prepare. Nutritious, natural and healthy ingredients.
They are truffles with walnuts, black sesame and pumpkin with honey. No flour, no processed dairy and without industrial products. It does not cooking ("raw"recipe) and accepts many variations. A delicious dessert with a high nutritional value.
What benefits does this recipe provide?
As they are made with natural and good quality foods, these truffles provide many nutrients, among which are: fiber, essential fatty acids omega 6 and omega 3, calcium, magnesium, folic acid and antioxidants.
It contains healthy fats, naturally present in the seeds, and natural sugars, present in honey.
Because it contains fiber and nutrients, it is a much more satisfying and healthier alternative than other industrial desserts or those made with flour, sugar and / or bad fats.
It is ideal as a special dessert, suitable for any healthy diet, for both children and adults.
Ingredients for truffles:
For 15 small truffles, approximately:
- 12 walnuts
- 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- 4 tablespoons raw honey
Preparation of truffles with walnuts, sesame and honey
- Grind or crush with a mortar the black sesame seeds. These seeds provide a more attractive truffles, cocoa-like appearance, and are richer in antioxidants than white sesame seeds.
- Do the same with walnuts and pumpkin seeds. It is recommended to grind each ingredient separately so that no pieces too thick remain, which would hamper the kneading to form pellets.
- Honey is added and mixed until the desired texture, which will allow to form balls and have consistency. If too sticky (too much honey), you can add back more ground walnuts. It is recommended to use (unpasteurized) raw honey because it retains the bactericidal properties and all components of honey. Raw honey can be purchased to beekeepers. Pasteurized honey is the one that is on the supermarket shelves.
- Store the truffles in the fridge and preferably consume over the next 2-3 days.
Recipe variations and other forms of presentation
The recipe described is delicious, but it also supports many variations, which can also be very rich:
You can add cinnamon to flavor the recipe
- You can add ingredients such as nuts (sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, chia, almonds, coconuts, macadamia, poppy, white sesame, cashews, etc.), dried fruit (bread of figs, raisins, prunes, dates, etc.) or "superfoods" as pure cocoa flour, carob, spirulina algae toasted, maca, etc.
By adding hydrated dried fruit, honey can be removed partially or totally, but its shelf life will be shorter.
- Decorate in different ways. As it is nutritious and does not need cooking, it is an ideal location for workshops for children (children to avoid choking) or for healthy sweets for Christmas and holidays. For example you can coat truffles with a little grated coconut to prepare these cute dolls:
More information on coconut in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.