Tuberculosis must be treated with specific drugs or medicines and experienced medical care. It can Not be treated only with diet therapy or phytotherapy.
We can use it as an adjunct to ordinary treatment, provided your doctor becomes familiar with food and supplementation.
Food suitable for tuberculosis
We can make a food and a diet rich in foods having benefits to counteract the symptoms of tuberculosis, just as in phytotherapy.
Foods that can be enhanced to benefit tuberculosis treatment are:
- Garlic (Allium sativum) is a known as and antibiotic, antiseptic and antibacterial. It can be helpful to combat tuberculosis infection, if we make a diet rich in this nutrient, in its raw state.. If not well tolerated, it can be macerated in olive oil.
Garlic will help to minimize some aspects of the disease and symptoms, providing its bacteriostatic , multivitamin, disinfectants and balsamic effects to the respiratory tract.
Some of its many indications are for infections and inflammations, infectious disease of the airways such as tuberculosis or bronchial disorders, among others.
- Onion (Allium cepa) is not as potent as garlic, but it also very beneficial and is similar to it. We should eat it raw. Just as with the garlic, if not well tolerated, it can be macerated in olive oil.
The onion will help minimize some aspects of the disease and symptoms, giving us its bacteriostatic , multivitaminic, antiseptic and disinfectant properties . Some of its many indications are suitable for tuberculosis, cough, bronchitis, vitamin deficiency, infection and inflammation and also in case of anemia, among many others.
- Quince (Cydonia oblonga) is a food that will help minimize some aspects and symptoms of this disease. If we follow a diet rich in quince, it will provide us beneficial properties to soothe coughs and soothing effect for the respiratory system inflamed by tuberculosis.
- Dragon fruit (Hylocereus undatus) Colonche is drink done with dragon fruit and prickly pear to cure tuberculosis and other lung problems.
Dragon fruit open transversely
- Watercress (Nasturtium officinale) is a food supplier of vitamins and minerals. It is very effective as anti-catarrhal and expectorant. Usually indicated for chronic bronchitis, catarrhal diseases, but also beneficial for cough and tuberculosis.
It can be taken in different meals, as raw juice , in salads, marinated in oil, crushed as porridge and as tea.
- Pears (Pyrus communis) They are a food with anti-tuberculosis properties, because it contains malic acid and citric acid. So, we can make different dishes with this fruit to provide its benefits.