Ingredients for 5 people:
- 1kg. turnips, tender and fresh
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 6 cups water
- Clean and slice the turnips into cubes.
- Brown the flour in the pan with the oil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients: sliced turnips, water, salt and nutmeg.
- Cook over medium heat, covered, for 40 minutes.
- Beat the soup until it becomes smooth.
- Cook for 8 minutes over very low heat, stirring constantly. Another option: serve in a bowl, throw cheese on top, and brown in the oven 10 minutes.
- Serve with julienned fresh parsley on top, and a pinch of black pepper.
More information about Mediterranean diet in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.