Suitable foods for vaginal infections are those with bactericidal or fungicidal properties, which can eliminate or prevent the development of fungi and bacteria that cause most of these infections.
They are also very appropriate foods that stimulate the immune system because help the body to resist the onset of these diseases.
What food is good for vaginal infections?
- Foods rich in Vitamin B : Vitamin B boosts the immune system so it is appropriate to prevent such infections or help to cure them. In animal foods they are very common in the liver or viscera in general, veal, chicken or pork. The eggs are also quite rich. Among plant foods, whole grains (rice , wheat , oats , etc), legumes (soy, peas, lentils or dried beans, etc.) or nuts are especially rich in it.
- Foods rich in iron: The lack of iron leads to fungal infections. (See iron-rich foods) Among these, dried fruit should be avoided because they have a great capacity to develop yeast
- Yogurt with Lactobacillus: The vaginal flora is rich in lactobacilli. A diet rich in yogurt with lactobacilli can restore the original flora and prevent the growth of harmful microorganisms. However, the yogurt should be avoided in people who have a tendency to develop candidiasis.
NON-RECOMMENDED FOOD FOR VAGINAL INFECTIONS
Foods which are considered not suitable for vaginal infections are those foods high in preservatives, flavors or colors. Equally damaging are alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.
All these foods contain toxic substances that may be excreted through the skin, altering the vaginal secretions that favor the development of microorganisms.
What food is bad for digital infections?
Particularly for people prone to develop candidiasis, it is important to avoid foods containing yeast or sugar.
Foods rich in yeast are:
- Bread and every type of pastries (cookies, bagels, muffins, buns, etc.)
- Drinks with yeast (beer, cider, wine, whiskey, etc.).