Vegetable pate properties
How to make vegetable pate
VEGETABLE PATE RECIPE
Ingredients of vegetable pate for 4
- 100 g of fungi (mushrooms, pine mushrooms, common morels, caesar's mushrooms, or any kind of mushroom).
- 1 medium onion
- 125 g of tofu (optionally fat curd cheese may be used)
- 25 g of watercress.
- 25 g of margarine.
- Leaves of wild violet. (Optional)
- Soy sauce.
- Black pepper.
How to prepare vegetable pate
- Place margarine in a hot pan and stir until completely undone.
- Light the fire. Add the chopped onion and go on stirring over low heat for a couple of minutes.
- Cut the mushrooms and mash them well in a mortar.
- Pour the crushed mushrooms into the pan with onion and butter. Increase the heat and let it boil for a couple of minutes.
- Add the watercress and mix well for a minute.
- Place in a blender the tofu, a few drops of soy sauce and the mushroom mixture. Clean and cut violet leaves and mix with tofu and margarine. Mince well until forming a compact dough.
- Sprinkle a little black pepper. Stir well.
- Place the mixture in a clay pot and leave at room temperature for three hours until it becomes hard.
What is vegetable pate good for?
It is used as a starter, accompanied by brown bread rusks. It can be used to complete the breakfast, as a snack or as a mixture for afternoon snacks.
More information about onions recipes, nutritional values and medicinal properties in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.