VEGETABLE STEW PROPERTIES
How to prepare a vegetable stew
VEGETABLE STEW RECIPE
Photo of vegetable stew
- 1 Onion cut into half moons
- 2 Carrots washed, peeled and cut into chunks, 2 fingers
- Leek cut like carrots
- 3 Artichokes cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- A unsalted roasted sunflower seeds.
- � cup water
- With a little oil, saute the onion with a pinch of salt.
- Add the vegetables: leeks, carrots, artichokes, vinegar and stir 3 minutes, uncovered.
- Add the sun flower seeds and � cup water.
- Cover and cook over low-medium for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking we can uncover and allow to evaporate a little water if we like it drier.
Properties of vegetable stew
This dish is ideal for children and adults. It represents a different way to eat vegetables that the whole family will appreciate.
With this method, the different ingredients add all their flavors and this preparation acquires a mild and pleasant texture.
Very suitable for weight loss diets. Often we propose a "diet" based on salads and cooked vegetables with little variety of colors and flavors. This vegetable stew can be an alternative to these boring meals.
There is a variety of stews, called "Nishime", a dish of Japanese origin. It combine sweet root vegetables, like squash, parsnips, carrots, onions and sweet potatoes flavored with a cinnamon stick, and soy sauce. A satiating gift to widen our gourmet range!
More information about pumpkin and nutrition in the listing above
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.