Veggie burgers properties
How to prepare vegetarian hamburgers
HOW TO MAKE VEGGIE BURGERS
- Chickpeas cooked
- Onion cut into strips.
- Washed and cut green zucchini into cubes
- Carrots washed, peeled and cut into small cubes
- Potato washed, peeled and sliced
- Saute the onion and potato with a pinch of salt over medium heat for 14 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and carrot cut into small pieces and saute over medium heat, stirring constantly until well cooked. Season and add desired spices.
- In a separate container, blend the chickpeas until a smooth paste. If required, you can add a little water.
- In the same container of chickpeas, add sauce ingredients and mix until all ingredients come together to form a paste.
- In order to compact the mixture, you can use bread crumbs. Add so much bread as necessary so that the dough to become dry and you can make burgers or shapes with the dough.
- Make balls of dough with your hands and flatten to form patties.
- Batter with bread crumbs on the outside.
- Bake in the oven or pan. All the ingredients are already cooked, so cooking is only to heat and toast, giving an attractive touch to the recipe.
- To prepare burgers as usual, we can make "rolls" of dough and freeze them to use when we want (see photo below).
- Serve with salad or boiled vegetables.
In the picture from left to right: burgers ingredients while frying, rolls made with burgers dough, veggie burgers made with salad.
Properties of veggie burgers
In order to a vegetarian burger to be a good source of protein, we must take care of eating legumes and cereals in the same meal, because with this combination we obtain proteins of high biological value.
We can say that these vegetable protein foods also give us carbohydrates, that are made from photosynthesis by plants. Carbohydrates give us energy as well as fiber, B vitamins (energy), magnesium, calcium and trace elements.
The vegetables add flavor, color, phytonutrients, minerals and vitamins to prevent aging and enjoy a more balanced menu.
It is also very nutritious dish for athletes, and an energy supplement, with vitamin and mineral support for any balanced diet.
For a whole vegetarian meal, complete this dish with a cleansing cream with arugula and zucchini if you are a sedentary person, or with a first course of pasta, quinoa or rice if young people. The best dessert is a yogurt providing us vitamin B12 and complete protein.
Ideas for burgers:
- Chickpea burger, carrot, onion, garlic and curry or turmeric.
- Smoked tofu burger, rice, peppers, carrots and onions.
- Millet Burgers with carrots, zucchini and onion.
- Millet Burgers with olives, carrot and onion.
- Tofu burgers, flour, milk, onion and a pinch of nutmeg.
* Related information: Mediterranean diet characteristics.
More information about Mediterranean diet in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.