Eye diseases prevention
HOW TO PREVENT EYES DISEASES
Tips to prevent or delay eye diseases
There are a number of techniques or remedies that can help improve the health of your eyes and prevent eye diseases.
We could take into account the following:
- Do not use eye drops without physician's consent. Its use without medical supervision can be damaging to eye health.
- Change your reading habits: This is one of the best options to prevent the onset of visual problems. The following guidelines may be helpful in this sense:
- Perform outdoor walks for in order your eyes to come into contact with sunlight: It would be desirable to remove your glasses from time to time when performing this activity.
- Get enough sleep: Sleeping properly is the best way to maintain your eyes healthy. You must avoid insomnia.
- Avoid stress and perform relaxation techniques. Stress is almost always reflected on your eyes. Try to avoid being stressed. You should also try to relax your eyes. A well-known technique used to relax the eye muscles can be described as follows:
- Avoid eye contact with dirt. Also do not rub them with your fingers or the palms of your hands in case you feel them tired or itchy. Wash them only with clean water. Do not use detergents. Clean them with prescribed eye drops, natural ones if possible.
- Maintain a good ocular hygiene: Do not share towels with other people to prevent the spread of many eye diseases. It is best to use disposable wipes to clean your eyes. Each washcloth, paper tissue or disposable wipe must only be used to clean one eye in order not to infect the other. It should be discarded after use
- Do not use contact lenses in case of any eye infection.
- Do not use eyes makeup in case of eye infection.
- Maintain a proper diet It has to be rich in natural foods, especially in vitamin A, vitamin B and Vitamin C and minerals (zinc, calcium and magnesium). Avoid toxins, such as alcohol or tobacco. This diet will get you rid off free radicals that can oxidize your eyes.
- Improve the blood supply to the eyes: This is a remedy that can be done wetting your eyes 20 times alternately with hot and cold water.
- Relax and nourish your eyes with natural remedies. Some herbal remedies, vitamins, minerals or other supplements can be useful for your eyes.
More information about eyes diseases and their natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.