Home remedies for herpes
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR HERPES
Phytotherapy. Herbal remedies to cure herpes
Phytotherapy in the treatment of herpes involves the use of medicinal plants to achieve the following objectives:
- Relieve pain
Home remedies for herpes. Internal use
Among all the plants, we can distinguish the following:
- Nettle: (Urtica dioica) They are very beneficial for the skin care, giving it a fine texture by getting rid of imperfections such as: pimples, eczema, herpes, acne...etc (decoction of a handful of nettles per liter of water. Two or three cups a day.) (Eating nettles in vegetables, cooked with spinach. Take the desired quantity) (nettle juice)
- Pear tree and others: some fruit juices, for its richness in tannins, have antiviral properties appropriate to stop herpes. Drink pear juice, apple juice or grape juice. They all are very useful for delaying the onset of herpes outbreaks.
Home remedies for herpes. External use
- Chamomile (Matricaria chamomilla) Its content in mucilages confers it a repairing value of the affections of the skin, the great presence of components with antiseptic and vulnerary properties- apigenine, chamazulene, gentisic acid, etc. - make it very worthy in the care and repair of the affections of the skin: pustules, wounds, cuts, punctures, scratches, chafing, eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, etc. (Apply a warm compress on the affected area.)
- St. John's wort (Hypericum perforatum) Since ancient times, its richness in tannins has made this plant one of the best weapons to heal burns or wounds. During the Middle Ages it was a usual antibiotic, very useful to treat the wounds of war. In the sixteenth century, it was called wort herb and, later, military herb. (Infusion of a couple of tablespoons of the dried plant. Perform frequent washing of the affected part with the resulting liquid)
- Walnuts tree (Juglans regia) They can be used to treat skin problems like eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, pimples, itching, etc.(Infusion of 10% of dry leaves in a liter of water. Apply wet compresses on the affected area) (Pour a handful of dry leaves in the bath) (Decoction of 40 g of dried leaves per liter of water. Apply a compress on the affected area.)
- Sage: (Salvia officinalis) Sage is a very interesting plant to treat skin problems. (Infusion of a handful of dried leaves per liter of water. Apply a compress)
- Celandine (Chelidonium majus) (Apply a compress of the decoction for 2 minutes of 15g. per liter of fresh leaves)
- Blue bugle (Ajuga genevensis) (Infusion of 2 tablespoons of the dried plant per cup of water. Wash the affected area)
- Guanabana or soursop (Annona muricata) Acetogenins have anti-viral activity. They are able to fight herpes simplex.
Note about natural remedies for herpes
To reduce the pain you can apply essential plant oils diluted in water on the area that causes pain, itching or burning. Among the suitable oils we have the following ones: chamomile, lavender, lemon, eucalyptus and bergamot.
More information about herpes and its natural treatment in the listing above.
Other interesting articles
This material is for informational purposes only. In case of doubt, consult the doctor.